How to Walk in God’s Light and in His Presence
Walking in the presence of God is the most satisfying experience you’ll ever have in this lifetime; for to walk in the presence of God is to fellowship with His Spirit. Can you imagine having fellowship with the One who made the whole universe; the One who crafted and formed every human being? The thought of it alone cannot compare to anything else this world could offer. This world could only offer temporary happiness, comfort and peace but when it’s gone, your life can go pitch black without the Holy Spirit for it is God in Christ Jesus who is the true light and gives this light to all: “In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.” (John 1:4-5).
So how can you walk in God’s presence? Here are 10 Bible verses about walking in the light and in the presence of God:
- Psalm 89:26 – He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
- Jeremiah 29:13 – And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
- Matthew 5:8 – Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
- Ephesians 5:7-8 – Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
- Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- John 8:12 – Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- Revelations 3:20 – Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
- 1 Peter 2:9 – But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
- John 14:23 – Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- 1 John 1:5-7 – This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.