How Can One Get Wisdom?
When people have the wisdom of God, you can see it by the fruit of their lives and by the way they live with others. You can say that if you have God’s wisdom, you can be successful in whatever you do in life. We all need the wisdom that comes from God for there is also a kind of wisdom that is earthly, unspiritual and evil (see 1 Cor. 3:19; Jam 3:13-15). When the people of God obtain heavenly wisdom, there is peace, prosperity, and love taking place.
How does one obtain wisdom that comes from God? Here are some of the Bible verses pertaining to God’s wisdom:
- James 1:5 – If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given himGod is a generous giver. If you feel that you lack wisdom, you can simply come to God and ask Him for it. He will not rebuke you for asking wisdom but God will graciously give it to you according to His most perfect will and purposes.
- Psalm 111:10 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
When we have a great sense of need of God and we revere Him as everything we ever need in this life, you will get wisdom that is true and pure. And in order to grow deeper in God’s wisdom, you are to obey the Words of God so that you will learn more understanding, knowledge, and bring good judgements in life.
- Psalm 90:12 – So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.When we don’t waste time and consider that every single moment that God allows you to breath is precious, Scripture says that you will also gain a heart of wisdom. Time is the only thing in life that is always moving forward and never backward. And sometimes, we can mess up and look back but you can no longer change the way things happened. Therefore, it is wise to live every day as if it is your last so that no regrets will ever come by your life.
- Proverbs 10:8 – The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
When we love the commandments of God and receive it and then do it, you are considered wise because God’s commandments were created to protect us and keep us away from harm. Therefore, one of the ways to obtain God’s wisdom is to accept and obey His commandments.
- Proverbs 4:7 – Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
To get wisdom that comes from God, you must think of it as one of the most important things in life. Scripture says that at all cost and by all means, you are to get wisdom. And you can do this by reviewing our list from 1 to 4 and see to it that you apply them in your life.