Accusation is any “charge or claim that someone has done something illegal or wrong” according to the dictionary. Are you experiencing accusations right now in your life? Is someone falsely accusing you for doing or thinking something you didn’t? Keep your peace and don’t retaliate through reckless words or actions. Be still and, allow God to be God in your situation. As you put your trust in the LORD, God Himself will fight for you.
I understand how the situation can be frustrating, hurtful and wounding that pushes you to defend yourself against false accusations. But there is a godly way to handle accusations. So how do you handle false accusations? How should you react to it without getting yourself in trouble?
Here 10 Bible Verses you can meditate upon to overcome and handle false accusation in a godly way:
- Matthew 26:60-63 – But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, and said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
- Isaiah 54:17 – No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
- James 1:2-4 – My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
- Proverbs 19:9 – A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
- 1 Peter 3:17 – For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
- 1 Peter 2:23 – Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
- Psalm 37:7 – Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
- Psalm 35:21-23 – Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it. This thou hast seen, O Lord: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me. Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
- 1 Peter 3:9 – Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
- Exodus 14:14 – The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.