The Scripture is full of ways on how we will be able to get our prayers answered by God, for God is alive and He surely does answer prayers. But we need to have knowledge on God’s Word and spend most of our time at the feet of Jesus so that our heart’s desires and motives would be aligned, cleansed and purified according to God’s will through the written Word.
Here are 12 Bible Verses about God hearing and answering prayers of the people:
- Proverbs 15:29 – The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
- Psalm 34:15 – The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
- Matthew 21:21-22 – Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
- Isaiah 59:2 – But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
- James 4:3 – Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
- Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- Ezekiel 14:3 – Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
- Micah 3:4 – Then shall they cry unto the Lord, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.
- Luke 11:9 – And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
- John 14:13-14 – And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
- Jeremiah 29:13-14 – And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.
- John 15:7 – If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
- If you notice in the verses mentioned above, there are four ways our prayers can be answered: first is the motive of our heart; if our heart has wrong motives when we come to God in prayer, He will not give it to us. Second is by confessing our sins to God including any idols in our lives. When we confess and not conceal our sins to God, He will hear our prayers. And last is our abiding and obedience to God’s Word. Therefore, it is very important to read God’s Word and study it so that the deeper you get in God’s presence, the more aligned your life will be to God’s will.