Here are 18 random rules of life worth posting on your mirror or, better yet, using as dinner-time discussion starters:
* Find the lesson in every failure, and you’ll never fail.
* The likelihood that you’re right is not increased by the intensity of your conviction.
* Real friends help you feel worthy and make you want to be better.
* When you’re in a hole, stop digging.
* Don’t confuse fun with fulfillment or pleasure with happiness.
* Refusing to let go of a grudge is refusing to use the key that will set you free.
* Hating hurts you more than the person you hate.
* Counting on luck is counting on random chance; your odds are much better when you plan and work.
* It’s better to be kind than clever.
* Don’t underestimate the power of persistence.
* The easy way is rarely the best way.
* It’s much easier to burst someone else’s bubble than to blow up your own.
* You can’t avoid pain, but you can avoid suffering.
* Self-pity is a losing strategy; it repels others and weakens you.
* Shortcuts usually produce short success.
* Control your attitude or it will control you.
* It’s more important to be significant than successful.
* The world is waiting for you to heal it.